Bassetlaw Mind works to promote good mental health and seeks to empower people to lead a full life within their local community. To achieve this, Bassetlaw Mind aims :
- To improve public knowledge of mental health and to combat the stigma, fear and prejudice which still surround the term ‘mental illness’.
- To work for and promote improved standards and forms of mental health care, support and treatment.
- To uphold the rights and represent the interests of users of mental health services, their families and carers.
- To provide awareness and training for volunteers, service users and members of the public.
- To raise funds for the work of Bassetlaw Mind.
- To enable people to cope with, manage and improve their own mental health.
- To maintain and build on our high quality services in line with National Mind’s Quality Standards.
- To be recovery focused.
- To support staff and volunteers to develop with roles, generating resources and capacity to achieve our plans.
Bassetlaw Mind also share National Mind’s values of autonomy, equality, knowledge, participation and respect.
Bassetlaw Mind Volunteer Training Course – Details Available!
Please click on the ‘Be Involved – Volunteering’ item on the main menu for further details.
Click here to view our Annual Report 2011-2012